
Out of boredom, I decided to watch our dvd of RENT na pakalat-kalat lang sa living room. I didn't know what to expect. But I was surprised on how 2 hours and 10 minutes of my time made me wonder how you "measure, measure a year."
Rent is based from Jonathan Larson's award-winning musical. It was directed by Chris Columbus. Syempre puro kantahan, even the simplest conversation, ginawan pa ng kanta. I got bored at the first part of the film. Buti na lang mganda ang cinematography. Eventually, i got intrigued by the lives of 8 individuals struggling against poverty and illness. Some of the songs were really great. Especially the soundtrack: Seasons of Love. I've heard that song years ago but it's only when i watched Rent that i felt the true spirit of the song. About the story.. well, may pagkamalalim. I don't know if other people my age would appreciate it as much as i did. But for me, the story is like... wow. (hands down to Sir Jonathan Larson.)


No comments:
Post a Comment